Friday, December 2, 2011

I'm Blind! I'm Blind! Oh, Wait.

Sometimes I do things without thinking.

I get into this automatic rhythym of doing things the same way all the time, and I'll get easily thrown by something simple.

Sometimes, when I put my contacts in, I leave my glasses someplace unexpected. Someplace I might not remember later.

Then later, I'll take out my contacts, and this is what goes through my head.

Whoa. Sometimes I forget my eyes are this bad.

I literally can't see the hand in front of my face. (waves hand around in front of face. gets momentarily distracted trying to see things.)

Okay, glasses.

Glasses, glasses, where are you...?

Oh, great.

I'm standing here blind and don't remember where I put my glasses (starts feeling around counters and sinks to find glasses. Wanders into several rooms, arms outstretched, trying to sense where the glasses are.)

How many times am I going to do this before I just keep my glasses in one place?

I am an idiot.

Hey, happy Friday everyone! And happy second day of December! You know what this means? Christmas blog posts! Get excited.

No comments: