Monday, December 19, 2011

Peering Up at the Sky. Bitterly.

Um, excuse me?

I'd like to file a formal complaint.

Against Christmas movies.

Listen, I love 'em. I love the magic. The romance. The saving of Christmas. The wonder and joy of the children. The conflict ending in resolution over a glass of eggnog and a plate of cookies. The SNOW...

That's right. The snow. In every. single. Christmas. movie. Even if everyone goes to bed on Christmas Eve with no snow on the ground, there's ALWAYS snow when they wake up.

Every time I say how much I want snow on Christmas, everyone around me shares their expert weather information. "Nope. No snow in the forecast." "We're going to have a Green Christmas."

Green Christmas?? Can there be two more depressing words? It's a cold, green, grinchy Christmas. Thanks a lot, Christmas movies. Thanks for raising my hopes only to dash them in a muddy puddle.

I want to wake up to some magic! Is that too much to ask?



No snow on Christmas is like no icing on gingerbread cookies. Whaaaat?

No comments: