Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Jimmy Stewart, and Other Favorite Christmas Things

Jimmy Stewart.

Just let that name sink in for a moment. Consider his greatness.

What a guy! My favorite movie with him is, of course, It's a Wonderful Life. After that, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington and The Shop Around the Corner. Black and white is the way to GO!
I would marry Jimmy Stewart. If he wasn't married. And, you know, dead.

He's one of my favorite parts of Christmas! Check out this clip of my favorite Christmas movie. Then, check out some of my other favorite Christmas things.




1. Watching It's a Wonderful Life. Swooning over Jimmy Stewart.
2. Watching White Christmas. Singing along.
3. Christmas Eve service at my church. Especially at the end when we all hold candles and sing Silent Night. Beautiful time of celebrating the birth of my Savior.
4. Decorating for Christmas. Hanging up ornaments, stockings, lights. Setting up the nativity scene. I used to spend hours playing with my family's nativity scene. It got pretty creative.
5. Baking Christmas cookies. While listening to Christmas music. And wearing a Christmas apron. And using Christmas cookie cutters!
6. Enjoying the first snowfall around Christmas. Pure magic.
7. Singing aloud to Christmas music playing anywhere. There's something about Christmas music that makes people less self-conscious...everyone can sing along!
8. Buying presents for people. Picking out just the right gift makes me so happy! And then of course wrapping them is fun too. Except my gift-wrapping skillz are pretty limited. Picture a lot of tape.
9. Looking at Christmas lights. When I was younger, my sister and I would "count the Christmas lights" on either side of the car while we were riding in the back seat.
10. Spending more time with family and friends. My besties come in from out of town and I get to hug them and hang out as much as possible!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Merry Christmas to you!