Friday, May 25, 2012

iWant to Scream

The other day I was working with the iPad for over an hour.

Frustrating. I had to-

walk around the library several times to pick up the best Wi-Fi signal, since it's not that great back in the office.

type in a crazy-long password what seemed like a million times before finally changing it to something shorter.

change multiple settings since someone had messed them up.

uninstall an app. try and reinstall it (sounds simpler than it ended up being).

wait. and wait. and wait.

use Google. a lot.
Why does technology make me want to "lash out irrationally"? (Bonus points if you know where that comes from...)

I get so mad! The rest of the library staff was laughing at me as I paced and talked to myself. Yes, there was also chocolate involved; not gonna lie.
Why is technology so frustrating? I usually keep a cool head. I don't get obviously angry or feel like throwing things unless I'm fighting with technology (or with someone I really love. Go figure.)

Maybe it's because I feel so helpless. Those times when my computer has had viruses or other issues, I've broken down in tears because I didn't know what else to try and I hated leaving problems unresolved.

Okay, pity party over. I troubleshooted and figured out what to do to the iPad (not chuck it out the window), and I think I learned a few things.

One thing being, make sure you have Google and chocolate readily available when dealing with a technological crisis.

No comments: