Monday, May 7, 2012

Pardon My Limbs

I have long legs.

Sometimes, I feel like everywhere I try to sit I have to worry about folding my legs up somewhere out of the way. I need my leg room.

At the movie theater, I love to put my feet up on the chair in front of me. Don't judge; it's not like I'm scuffing my shoes all over it. My ankles just rest on the top, feet crossed. Oh, it's so comfortable to have my legs stretched out!

It's always tricky, though, strategically picking the perfect spot to sit so no one will sit in front of me and thwart my plans.

This brings me to last night. I went with some friends to see The Avengers and at first all was perfect. No one was in front of me and I found the perfect position to relax.

Then, things started deteriorating. The empty seat on the right side of me was taken over by some random guy with a beard who totally stole my arm rest. He just edged his way onto it and I decided it wasn't worth it to have our arms touching... no thank you!

So, bitter about that but still relieved my feet were up, I settled down and started watching the previews. Before a couple came and sat, that's right, directly in front of me. Bummer. I mean, there were other seats in the place, people! Not my fault you came rolling in late!

I started getting antsy. This was going to be a long movie, and this girl needed to put her giraffe legs somewhere! Luckily, my understanding friend sitting on the other side of me felt my pain, and she shifted so I could put my feet up diagonally.

I had to adjust a couple times throughout the film as my legs got sore, but all in all I was satisfied.

Oh, and the movie was good too.

No comments: