Monday, July 9, 2012

I'm a Pretty, Pretty, Polish Princess.

I have a new addiction.

Okay, addiction is probably too strong of a word.

I have something new I've been accumulating.

Remember a while ago when I wrote about my obsession with scarves? Yeah, that's old hat. I've moved on. To nail polish.

Actually, scarves and nail polish are pretty similar in their appeal to me. They always fit. They can be inexpensive (at least the kinds I buy! heh heh.). They're fun to get in a bunch of colors so you can always have the perfect one...

I'm sure however many I have aren't nearly as many as some people have. But I've noticed that I've been painting my nails more than usual. Like, every couple days. Whenever the coat starts wearing off. I like to coordinate my nails with my outfits. And it's not that complicated to take the old polish off and put on the new. Not as easy as a scarf, but still.

The one itty bitty problem is that my nails apparently hate all the new outfits I've painted on them. They are peeling like crazy. It sort of started in March, when I got three new types of nail polish. Hunger Games nail polish. Awesome, am I right?!



It was then that I realized I needed my nails to be pretty all the time.

I started noticing other people's nails, like in movies, and chose what I wanted according to my favorites.

Again I repeat...not that many bottles. Yet. But they're something small and fun that I can choose from to decorate my nails. Makes me feel special.

I've of course attempted designs like the ones found on Pinterest, but guess what? I should not quit my day job to do this. I'll just stick to a basic coat.

Ooooohhh...pretty.

No comments: