Monday, July 30, 2012

Chapstick, Continued

Readers find my blog through various ways. Word of mouth, referring websites, comments I leave on other blogs that link back to mine, photos I lifted from Google...

And there is one blog post that has, for some reason, always been quite popular. Seriously, it seems that it is viewed every day, despite the fact that it was posted on November 12, 2010. 2010, people!

And the post isn't especially profound. Or funny. Or interesting. Or well-written. It's not one I would point to as a favorite. When I read it now, it doesn't even seem to make cohesive sense!

It's about chapstick. Yes, chapstick. This random blog post about chapstick has garnered close to 1,500 views over the last couple years. Here's my guess: it's the picture.

Now, you've probably guessed this, but I do not do all my own photography. That's right, I shamelessly borrow images off the internet to complement my blog posts. A kitten here, a garden gate there. Here a chocolate fountain, there a snowman, everywhere librarians and piles of books...

I don't copy images that are on a photography website or something, though. Or if the website says clearly not to copy them. I am careful, I think.

And for some reason, hundreds of people search for images of chapstick. And really like the image I chose for my blog post.

It's the oddest thing. My most popular blog post. Chapstick.

Huh.

 

No comments: