Wednesday, June 29, 2011

But What Should I WEAR?

Last week, I wrote about taking the plunge into piles of clothes in my room to pick out a decent outfit.

Today, I would like to begin this post with tears.

Tears of frustration. Pain. Anger.

Let me tell you something: sometimes, when a girl gets ready in the morning, she hits a few bumps in the road, so to speak.

She realizes that the shirt she thought of last night as she was starting to fall asleep, now that it's on her, actually looks ridiculous.

The skirt that had taken her three minutes to find (three minutes she cannot spare in the morning) now makes her look fat.

She can only find one earring of the only pair she feels like wearing.

Standing there in front of the mirror, eyes glazed over and a pile of crumpled material under her feet, this girl wonders if it's too early for chocolate.

Suddenly, a sorrowful glance at the clock reveals that she is now ten minute behind. And she'll barely have time to brush her teeth, let alone pick out the perfect outfit.

Luckily, there is time to grab chocolate.

There's always time to grab chocolate.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

It's never too early for chocolate! Your system was probably just deprived of healing dark chocolate antioxidants...that was the real problem.

Linda said...

I second Hannah's opinion!

Anonymous said...

I love this post! My husband liked it as well because he sees me going through this process often. :-)