Monday, June 13, 2011

How Do I Love Thee, Grocery Store?

Five Reasons Why I Love the Grocery Store:

1. Produce section. What a fresh, healthy-looking place! The produce section is full of possibilities. Lots of colors, lots of shapes. Just being in the middle of it makes me feel energetic. Not to mention those awesome water spray things that mist down onto the lettuce.

2. Carts. Hunching over the handle thing (what's that called?) at the front, you can race around corners with both speed and precision if you have the right kind of cart. If you get stuck with a nasty old cart that always wants to go left, you have a different kind of challenge.

3. Atmosphere. Everyone's shopping! For food! That means, lots of people to give you advice if you're trying to decide on a type of spaghetti sauce when faced with a wall of six dozen kinds.

4. Bakery. Hellooooo! Fresh bread smell? I'm there. I just like to wander around and look at all the delicious baked goods and check out the designs they'll put on a cake for you. Dora the Explorer, anyone?

5. Food. Hey, I'm there to shop for food! Which usually means that I'm helping out my mom and making dinner. So I need different ingredients to whip up a new recipe, or some delicious favorite. As you may know, I love being in the kitchen, so I see the grocery store as the first stop on the way to a good meal I can feed my family!



I got this picture off this site that gives healthy shopping tips. It includes not shopping while hungry, which YES I do, okay? Click here if you want to read it!

No comments: