Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bad Eyes, Cont.

So, my eyes are bad. I've had glasses since I was about seven.

They get on your nerves after a while, you know? Especially when you have to wear them all. the. time. They fog up when you come in from the cold. They get wet when it's raining or snowing. You have to clean them all the time if you are a perfectionist...

So when I finally got contacts my freshman year of college, it was a pretty big deal. I'll never forget the first time I looked in the mirror and I could see myself. Without my glasses. Without having to be half an inch from the mirror, wondering what I looked like without glasses. It was pretty exciting.

(Now, after the eye doctor put them in the first time, I had to take them out and put them in again. Which took me at LEAST a grueling hour to do. I couldn't take them with me until I figured it out. Good times....)

And now, it's nice to have the option of either glasses or contacts. Or just one contact. Which I have done in a pinch. And in case you were wondering, yes, it does mess with depth perception. And I would not recommend driving or operating heavy machinery.

I'm glad I live in a time when I have the option to SEE! Glasses or contacts, I'm just glad I don't have to live in a world of fuzziness.

No comments: