Monday, June 6, 2011

Up, Up, and Away!


So, a couple times this past week I was at the gym before 6am.

I know, right? Who does that? Weirdo...

On Wednesday, I really wanted to go to a cycling class, and since I have an earlier shift on Wednesday, I decided to go to the one at 6 in the morning.

So I set my alarm for 5:30 and made myself presentable for, well, the gym. Where expectations are low. Or should be, anyway.

I got to the gym about ten minutes early and managed to claim the last bike in the room. Wait - what?

I noticed while I was driving to the gym that there were actually people on the roads. Going places. It's like there're these whole magical hours I know nothing about. Because I don't get up earlier than 6 unless it is a certain Friday in November.

So I got the last bike in the room! Because, apparently, there enough hard-core gym members that go regularly at 6am. Craziness.

I just sat there on my bike for a few minutes, blinking, pondering my existence. Then the class started and I didn't have time to think about how early it was. There was only time for sweat.

Getting up that early on Wednesday made me warm up to the idea a bit, so I got up the same time on Sunday. I went to the gym to join about four people (Seriously. Four people.) to exercise on various machines. What a difference.

All right, then! It's a new week. If you're like me, you nearly burst into tears at the thought of having to get out of bed, and delayed it as long as possible.

Happy Monday!

No comments: