Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It's the Simple Things

You know when you open a new jar of peanut butter? You're the first one to dig your knife or spoon (or finger?) into that fresh, untouched pile of goodness. There's something extremely satisfying and enjoyable about that first dip into the peanut butter.

Sometimes, it's the simple things in life that just make me happy. Like the birds singing. Such brave little things. They must realize that it's a little colder than usual, but they just let loose and celebrate anyway. I'm sure I'll take this for granted in a few weeks when I get sick of birds in the morning when I'm trying to sleep, but for now it's just simply wonderful.

In the library, when new books come in, I have to go root through them and check them out. Can't keep my hands OFF those new books! Shiny covers, bright titles, favorite authors...what could be better?

As soon as the weather cooperates, I'm running right out and having a picnic. Summer food can be simple and delicious - fruits and vegetables, meat on a grill. Time to put away all the casseroles and soups and comfort food. Let's freshen things up!

So these are some random things that make me happy. Simple things.

Here're some more: hugging babies, baking cookies, blowing bubbles, running (when I actually feel like it), drinking green tea, talking with friends, singing along, walking barefoot in the grass, hiking with my family...

It's the simple things.

No comments: