Monday, April 25, 2011

Me and Solomon

Hm...I suddenly feel like I understand now.

I know things I've never known before. Scientific formulas pop into my head like, um, popcorn! I can speak French! I can build a coatrack! I am so...wise!

Oops, never mind. It's just my wisdom teeth coming in.

Not going to lie; I'm a little paranoid about these guys. I've heard the horror stories. I've seen the victims. I know what a couple teeth can do to a girl.

"Oh, I know someone who..."

"When I got mine out, I felt like..."

"I didn't even REcognize..."

Swollen cheeks. Liquid diets. Shooting pains. Dentists want those teeth OUT! NOW! Who CARES if you have to lay (lie?) on a couch for a week and drink your dinner through a straw?

I would like to just keep my wisdom teeth, thank you. They're doing just fine where they are.

(Although I keep thinking one in particular is a popcorn kernel. "Get out! Come on, where's my floss... Oh, that's right. Wisdom tooth.")

I should probably get an expert opinion here pretty soon. But for now, I'm going to enjoy my wisdom.

No comments: