Friday, April 15, 2011

Pinch Me; I Must Be Dreaming


So I have this plant, Neville. I've mentioned him once or twice. Here and there. Just thought I'd give a little update on his life.

Because of, or maybe despite, all the water I dump into Neville all the time, he's gotten pretty tall. He may be trying to go somewhere or reach something, but that's still to be determined.

My plant-saavy coworkers have given me lots of advice for Neville's benefit. They're probably sick of me whining about him always being dry, yet still leaking water out. I try and give him a drink, and he despises me for it...

Anyway, someone told me I should pinch leaves off Neville because he grows so many. If I pinch leaves off, he won't have as many dead ones. Because he can only suck up so much water. And he only has so many leaves. So less leaves means more healthy ones.

So I'm pinching dead leaves off the bottom half of Neville. So that helps him get taller. I always feel a little funny about it, though. What does he feel? If he could look at me, what would his look look like? Is he screaming silent plant screams? Is it just like trimming his toenails? If he had toenails? Am I overthinking this?

I water Neville. I pinch Neville. I speak to Neville. WORK with me here, Neville! I'm doing what I can!

He's got me wrapped around his little finger. Or, little leaf. Root?

Never mind.

No comments: