Friday, November 26, 2010

The Friday That is Black

Ugh. How does 9 a.m. feel like 4 p.m.?

That's right. When you roll out of bed at 3:30 in the morning.

If you're the type of person who thinks Black Friday is stupid, don't judge. And don't keep reading.

Last year was my first year out on Black Friday, and I thought it was so fabulous! I found great deals, completed almost all my Christmas shopping, and had fun experiencing something unique. If you know me, you know shopping usually makes me whine and drag my feet. However, this time of year, I sort of live for shopping. So my alarm went off, I convinced myself not to go back to sleep, and I headed out!

It was a rack of brightly colored scarves for $5 each. Oh my I love scarves! As I eagerly reached for the last pink one, a pointy elbow came out of nowhere and got me right in the side. As if in slow motion, I turned and slid simultaneously, falling on the ground only to let out a pathetic moan. I looked up as a woman smiled triumphantly, draped the scarf around her neck, and stepped on my hand as she walked past my crumpled body.



I just made that up.

It sounded pretty good though, right?

I WISH something like that had happened so I could blog about it, but everyone I met was really decent and friendly. We helped each other find things and chatted in line. Nothing dramatic. It's cool because most everyone is excited to be there and having a good time.

Did you have a good Thanksgiving? I had a great day with family; can't believe it's over already! Christmas is so close I can practically taste it! This year, I'm especially thankful for my job at the library. God gives His children so much more than they can ever imagine.

All right! Off to bed.

No comments: