Monday, November 29, 2010

Reaching Towards December

It's almost time for Christmas movies! Because nothing says "Christmas" like parking it in front of the tv and losing yourself in the magic, the warm fuzzies, and a bowl of ice cream.

These are my absolute favorites - the only ones I insist on watching every year. Agree? Disagree? Let me know in the comments, especially if you have a recommendation.



1. It's a Wonderful Life
  • Jimmy Stewart!
  • black and white
  • I always cry at the end when they're singing Auld Lang Syne
2. Scrooge
  • There're a lot of movies about The Christmas Carol, but this one is my favorite!
  • It's a musical! And there's dancing!
  • Albert Finney is Scrooge - good at being repulsive and mean at the beginning
3. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
  • hilarious retelling of the classic Dr. Seuss story
  • I love Whoville!
  • Jim Carrey has some great lines - perfect for quoting year-round I think!
4. The Homecoming
  • Ever seen the old tv show The Waltons? This is the Christmas movie.
  • Love how old-fashioned it is. My dad likes it because it reminds him of growing up on a farm.
  • Sweet story of a loving family
5. White Christmas
  • Bing Crosby singing! Danny Kay dancing and being lovable!
  • Another musical!
  • Plus - romance...
6. The Santa Clause (and 2 and 3!)
  • love Tim Allen's sarcastic humor
  • The Santa Clause 2 and 3 are just as good, which is pretty rare!
  • Great characters
November seems to be dragging its leaf-clumped feet, but December is so close I can almost taste it!

2 comments:

Amy Lynn Wyman said...

The Muppets' Christmas Carol. Absolute must :)

Laura said...

Wow, I think I saw that but it's been a while. Maybe I should rediscover it...