Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanks, but NO Thanks

I’m a pretty stubborn person to begin with.

But my computer tries to tell me what to do, I really dig in my heels.

“Would you like to AutoArchive your old emails now?”

“________ is new to Facebook. Send him a message!”

“There are unused icons on your desktop. The desktop cleanup wizard can help you clean up your desktop. Click this balloon to start the wizard.”

“Did you know that this toolbar can organize icons/AutoComplete words/solve world hunger?"

No! Leave me alone! I don’t care if it’s a good idea. I don’t need a computer to tell me what to do! What does Facebook care if I send a certain friend a message? You know what? UNFRIEND! Ha! That’ll show you, Facebook!

Close this box. X out of that window. Delete, no, exit, no, close. It never ends.

And those commercials that throw themselves desperately at you from the screen. Those ads that follow you down the screen as you scroll down. The videos that start playing on a website advertising some kind of cleaning solution and you CAN'T mute them or pause them! The pictures that your mouse pointer accidentally brush against and they blow up into a huge ad that takes up the whole screen. What, do they think that they'll annoy me to the point of buying their product?

Don't tell me what to do, computer. Don't force things down my throat, random companies. Don't suggest things for me to do, Facebook. I am capable of handling problems, buying products, and wasting time all on my very own.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...maybe you should get a mac.

Laura said...

Hopefully one day I will! Until then, I'll try to be content...after all, it gives me something to blog about! :)