Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sharing Does Not Apply Here

Don't cough into your hand.

The hand you touch things with. The hand you touch people with.

Didn't anyone teach you this? Don't you know how gross and unnecessary it is?

I'm not super concerned about germs. I wash my hands and use hand sanitizer, but I don't lie awake worrying about germs getting me. Exposure to germs keeps your immune system strong.

But coughing into your hand? Nasty.

Don't you know why God created elbows? Let me inform you.

1. To hold a baby's head.

2. To support your arms on the table. Or not, if you think that's rude.

3. To propel your way through a crowd, such as on upcoming Black Friday.

4. To cough into.



An elbow is perfect to cough (or sneeze!) into.  You're containing the germs, because how many times do you reach for things with your elbow?

Here is an important side note: Elbow usage can't be combined. You can only use your elbows for one thing at a time. That means, no coughing into your elbow if it contains a baby. And, obviously, no elbowing people around you at the table.

Have some common sense! Use the elbows God gave you! Don't cough into your hand, touch something, and then try to give me that something!

Pass it on.

No comments: