Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night

Oooohhh; did you get goosebumps? You just KNOW this blog post is going to be good.

Anyway, last night there was a thunderstorm. Some people I talked to in the library today never heard it. But I always wake up for thunderstorms.

Actually, I use the phrase “wake up” rather loosely. I was still half-dreaming something at the time, and wasn’t awake enough to realize that this was real life...but I’m getting off-topic.

Part of my subconscious realized that there was loud thunder going on, and I woke up enough to put a pillow over my head and hold it there with one of my arms. While this technique rarely worked in my dorm room, it can be helpful in more “normal” cases.

So, thunderstorm, kind of awake, put a pillow over my head...Oh, and then a while later I sort of woke up again to realize that my arm was more asleep than the rest of me at that moment. I sort of dragged it off the pillow and down, groggily thinking how totally weird it felt.

You’re probably wondering by now what my point is.

So anyway, in the middle of the night, barely even conscious, my arm asleep, I remembered one of my favorite scenes in Horton Hears a Who.

Just to set this up for you, Horton is this elephant who discovers an entire civilization of Whos living on a speck. The speck is on a clover. Horton is trying to save the Whos by taking them to a safe spot. As Horton crosses a particularly perilous bridge, the mayor of Who-ville is at the dentist’s office.

Sorry I couldn't put the video up on this blog, so if you're still with me and still interested, click HERE.

You're welcome. :)

No comments: