Thursday, November 4, 2010

An Ode to Google

Thank you, Google....
  • For knowing me so well, you can finish my sentences.
  • For allowing me to appear omniscient in front of older library patrons who don’t know what Google is ("Yes, that series has five books in it; allow me to list them in order for you along with their dates of publication").
  • For reminding me of obscure holidays by dressing up your logo ("Oh, well Happy Dr. Seuss's Birthday to you too, Google!").
  • For helping, not judging, when I spell something wrong accidentally (Search instead for...).
  • For being a legitimate verb.
  • For giving me answers to my questions in seconds.
  • For giving me pictures of celebrities so I don’t get them confused with each other.
  • For letting me look up websites instead of actually typing them in (Ex: Wikipedia, Amazon, etc..).
  • And, for having an infinite number of O’s, allowing for multiple pages of results.

No comments: