Monday, November 22, 2010

Paranoid Is Such a Strong Word

*Riiinnnnnng*

*Riiinnnnnng*

*Riinng* - "Hello?"

...

"Hello?"

...

Okay, don't panic. Someone probably already hung up. Or it was a wrong number. Or it was a criminal intent on robbing the house who called to see if it's empty - NO! I'm sure that's not it.

...

I think that, just for kicks, I'll check all the locks and then hide under my bed.

 

There is a reason I don't watch anything scarier than funny detective shows like Monk on tv. It's because I tend to let my imagination run wild at the smallest thing.

While out running - Didn't that white van just pass me a couple minutes ago? Oh no, no, no...it's following me. Why have I never planned an alternate route home through neighbors' yards before???

In the garage - I don't care how stupid it is, I am standing here and watching the garage door go all the way down so no one rolls in underneath it!

In the dark - If I sing loudly, close my eyes, and run up the stairs, something creeping in the shadows won't won't be able to grab me.

All right, it's not THAT bad. I may have an overactive imagination, but I don't REALLY believe terrible things would happen to me.

But if they do, I'll be ready.

No comments: