Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It Could Come in Handy, Though


I really wish that, when I buy an article of clothing with buttons on it, it would NOT come with an extra button.

Because now I have this button, in this cute, tiny, plastic ziploc bag, and I start to believe that I'm going to need it.

But you've never lost a button before.
So? I might need it.
Even if you did lose a button, you're too lazy to sew a new one on.
So? I might need it.
Just throw it away.
But I have it now. I can't throw it away. It's mine. I might...need it.

It's pathetic, the things I save. Instruction manuals, receipts, and of course, buttons. These things that come with things....things I think I might NEED someday.

Stupid buttons that come with stupid sweaters. I can't just throw you away. I have to STORE you somewhere. Somewhere with all the other plastic baggies of buttons. The graveyard of extra, spare, things. That I might need someday.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have an overabundance of instruction manuals... and buttons! from things and clothes I no longer own, too!! :)

Beth said...

Feel free to hand over your button collection to me; I find ways to use them:)

Carolyn said...

I might not use it for its intended use, but someone will need it for something, and I will have the privilege of being the channel.

Laura said...

No, Beth! I need to SAVE them!
Carolyn - that's a great point! I didn't think of that, but I totally agree. :)