Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I Could've Been 106

So I took this health quiz to discover how long I would live.

As it turns out, I do a lot of things right. I don't eat much red meat, I exercise a lot, I don't smoke, I get enough sleep...

And my score was 103! I'm going to live to be 103! That should be interesting. Can't say I'm really looking forward to it, but it is an impressive number.

The thing is, I could've lived to be 106. But I don't floss.

I confess this with a definite amount of shame. I'm a clean person. I brush my teeth a lot. But I've never gotten into the habit of flossing.

Usually, the only times I floss for a couple weeks at a time is after I've gone to the dentist and been scared into it. That flossing zeal usually fades after a while. I can't seem to stay with it.

I've written before about what agony it is now to brush for two whole minutes. And now I need to add flossing as well? I'm a big multitasker. If I'm watching something on my computer, I have to be cleaning my room or writing an email or putting on my makeup at the same time. And I'm always in the middle of several books at once.

When I'm brushing my teeth or flossing my teeth, I can't really do anything else at the same time. I'm trapped. And that can be a really frustrating experience.

But maybe I'll give it another go anyway. I mean, 106...



This woman looks a little too thrilled to be flossing, if you ask me.

5 comments:

Abigail Biddinger said...

Listen to music. Anything is fun with music. Guaranteed.

Laura said...

But I can't sing along! :)

Molly said...

My Great Grandmother is 103.5 years old. :) She may yet live to be 104!

Beth said...

Yea, you may live til 103, but you're going to have dentures at 60!

Laura said...

Beth, that is an EXCELLENT point!