Monday, March 14, 2011

A Cycling We Will Go...


So, I go to a cycling class once a week at the gym. The gym has quite a few different classes, but I like this one because:


1. You don't need any extra equipment.
2. Cycling doesn't involve too much coordination, so I'm not jumping around in front of a mirror embarassing myself and others.
3. I get to be relatively anonymous in a dark room with all the bikes in a circle.
4. The music is loud and distracting.
5. I like to have someone else telling me how hard to push instead of challenging myself all the time.

So, cycling class. Good stuff.

But in reference to #4, a lot of times a really good song will come on and I just want to sing along. Which would be kind of weird. Because whenever someone does look like they're singing along a little bit, I make fun of them in my head.

And yet I just want to do the same thing. I have a problem, because whenever a decently good song comes on that I actually know the WORDS to, the desire to sing along is overwhelming. So I have to hold back quite a bit in that cycling class.

I guess I can just take out my frustration by pedaling harder or something.

No comments: