Friday, March 25, 2011

Sort It Out

There are two types of people in this world.

Those that eat M&Ms randomly, and those that sort them.

I am in the sorting camp. I sort M&Ms.

What does this say about me? Who knows? Who cares?

If I have a flat surface in front of me, my preferred method of sorting is the pyramid technique. I line up the M&Ms in rows of colors, with the more numerous colors on the bottom. Obviously.

I eat the spares until they all line up perfectly.

Oh, you were wondering what my favorite colors were? That'd be blue and green.

So after my pyramid lines up perfectly, I just chip away at the lines, making the pyramid smaller and smaller. Until it's all gone.

There're other ways one can sort M&Ms. If I was more creative, I'd do interesting shapes and mosaics. I just stick to flowers, if I'm making pictures.

I've also written my name. That's hard to do unless you have a lot of M&Ms. Otherwise, you just end up with stubby little lines that you have to squint at to read.

M&Ms are pretty fabulous. But I would recommend slowing down and savoring them the right way. By organizing your M&Ms. Like a civilized human being.

You're welcome.

No comments: