Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mean Girl


I am really glad that no one can read my mind. Honestly, the things that go through my head. The things I think about people can be so judgmental and downright mean.

For example, people watching. To me, people watching is a lot more comfortable than actually interacting with people. This is an introvert thing, I'm sure. Anyway, I'm fascinated by watching people. How they look, what they say, how they interact with each other... But it doesn't end there. I'm watching people and judging them based on how special I think I am. Which is pretty stinkin' special, if you were wondering.

Also, I'm a sarcastic person. Not sure how this happened. But it's true. And I have to be careful that all the nonsense that's in my head doesn't spill out of my mouth to bite someone.

Now, I'm definitely proud of myself when I DON'T write or say hurtful things. Which is more often than actually writing/saying them, thank you very much. As many times as I wish I could let it all out on Facebook (I take it too seriously sometimes...I mean, it's Facebook), I've got to hold back. Or I will not have friends.

Self-control is important. But more important is going straight to the source - my mind - and evaluating my pride issues and my lack-of-love-and-understanding issues.

I'm a work in progress.

No comments: