Friday, February 11, 2011

And What Do We Have Here?


I'm a pretty nosy person. Especially when people are emptying out the contents of their purse/wallet/pockets right in front of me. It's like a scene in a movie when someone's going to jail and has to turn everything over. Except in my case, the goal is to find the library card.

"I just switched purses."

"I haven't used my library card in a while."

"Sorry this is taking so long..."

That's okay. As long as there isn't a huge line piled up behind you, I am content looking at all the random cards you'll pull out, one after another, in the search for your library card.

I've gotten pretty good at spotting the right card, too. "Oh, there it is!" I jump in, when I see a flash of blue or gray peeking out. Now maybe next time, you'll keep such an important card in FRONT of the old bowling coupon.

A lot of people have their cards on their keychains. This is fun too, because people have some really interesting items hanging on their keychains. The other day, I asked what one tool was and it turns out it was a tick remover. Huh. Who knew?

Then, when I get certain cards, they look like they've been through war and torment to get into my hands. They're scratched, bent, broken...I'll be lucky to be able to scan it. If it's really old, that kind of damage is understandable. Otherwise...what have you been doing with this thing?

It's always an adventure at the library.

No comments: