Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chocolate for Your Thoughts...


So, Day Two of my Chocolate Fast. I don't miss it too much; it's only been one day...

Strange thoughts sometimes go through my head. And at strange times.

Like at church.

I'm sitting there, wondering what would happen if I suddenly stood up and yelled something. And then I get scared that I'm actually going to do it. Like, hold on there Laura! You had BETTER not stand up and yell out "BUNNY RABBITS!" in the middle of church!

But what if I did? How would people respond?

Honestly, I scare myself sometimes.

Sometimes, when someone is talking to me, my mind wanders. Now, I'm an introvert, so it's hard for me to concentrate if someone's standing right in front of me and talking talking talking without a break for me to process what's actually being said.

So if someone's right in my face talking, I start thinking about where I'm looking. Should I look directly into his eyes? That's kind of weird. At his chin? Nose? Above his head?

Then I start doing a weird rhythmic drifting stare. Eyes. Off to the side. Chin. Eyes.

I'm sorry, what were you saying?

No comments: