Thursday, February 17, 2011

Your Question Appears to be Loaded

You know when someone asks you what you're doing at a certain time, and she's looking at you with a certain look, and her question kind of trails off like there's something more...?

Yeah, that's a loaded question. And it freaks me out a little bit.

"Hey, Laura, so...what are you doing Tuesday night? Do you have plans? Are you free?"

WHY? WHY are you asking me? I refuse to answer until I know why.

Because you know what? I might have plans. Depending on what you're going to ask me to do.

Please don't make me say I have no plans and then hit me with your request so then I have to say yes. It's so sneaky! You sneaky sneak!

And now I don't have homework as an excuse any more. Man, that was the best thing about homework. You always had it and you could always be doing it. The load lightened up considerably if you wanted to do something fun. But oh wow was there homework when someone wanted you to do something you did NOT want to do.

I'm scared when you ask me if I'm free at a certain time.

Just spit it out, and THEN I'll decide if hanging all 157 pairs of earrings up on my earring rack counts as "busy."

2 comments:

Beth said...

I HATE that question! One time I was asked "what are you doing tonight?"...I ended up doing free babysitting for five kids. That was probably five years ago and I am still bitter:)

Laura said...

I thought of you when I was writing this... :)