Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mad Skillz

I think I need some crazy skill. Something I can impress people with.

Like a handspring or flip or cartwheel. The problem would be working it into the conversation. If I could do something like that, I would want to show it off every chance I got, obviously.

"Oh wow, my purse is all the way over on the other side of the room. Let me grab that real quick. Be right back."

Hm. Maybe not.

Or I wish that I could make something really creative and unique. Like, if I could knit, I would never have to buy gifts for people! I could just knit them things!

"I know you asked for jewelry, but I thought that you would love this Kleenex cozy that I knit for you! It's the thought that counts, right?"

Maybe my skill could be juggling. I bet that would be impressive at the library desk.

"Here're your books! Give me one second, and I'll stack them for you!" *hums circus-themed music*

Ugh. Why am I so boring? Of course, I don't want to actually put time into learning these skills. I just want to be born with them. It's like when I gave up piano lessons when I was younger. Sure, I know the boring exercises would help me in the long run, but I just wanted to have the talent without the work.

Well, at least I can make pretty awesome chocolate chip cookies. It's more of a subtle skill; not too flashy. I'm just an unassuming librarian, after all.



No comments: