Friday, February 4, 2011

I'm So Over You, Winter

Oh, the winter months.

Now that Christmas is a distant memory, winter is basically pointless now. Sure, all that snow that nearly everyone just got was fun, but seriously. It's time for spring.

It's strange how, in the winter, I feel like I don't remember what it's like to try and fall asleep on those hot summer nights. Or what it's like to see grass. Or hear birds. Or smell someone else's barbecue and wish it was yours...

My hands are ready to be warm again.

My eyes are ready to be blinded by the sun again.

My feet are ready to flip and flop.

My bright white legs are ready to be seen by the world - okay, never mind. Forget that last one.

I heard this February is going to be pretty warm. And the groundhog didn't see his shadow, so I think that's a good thing. But whatever; I've never claimed to be an expert in weather prediction or, um, groundhogs.

I'm ready to run outside again! Come on, spring! I'm getting antsy!

And I'm not alone. The library was packed yesterday with people trying to get over cabin fever, loading up on books to make up for the few lonely days they were trapped inside. Seriously. The parking lot was FULL yesterday. We had a snow day and a half, and the community missed us! And you'll miss us more if libraries disappear.

But this post isn't about library funding. It's about spring!

And nothing says spring like those cute little spring-themed M&Ms with bunnies and ducks and sheep... Hurry up, spring!

No comments: