Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Spring Isn't Springing


Yesterday, it was 45 degrees. Maybe more. I promise you.

I know that as the day wore on, the wind began to blow. And the snow began to fall. And the temperature dropped...

But I got a taste of spring yesterday, people! It was exhilarating!

Currently, as winter blows back with a vengeance, as if yesterday's hours of bliss never happened, I am extremely discontent. Because it's even worse, now that I've started to remember what spring is like.

When it feels like winter is all I remember, it's not as bad. But that taste of spring? It ruined me.

Yesterday, I thought about what it's like to turn the radio up in the car, roll down the windows, and feel the sun on my face. I thought about running outside, seeing GRASS, and making squirrels and bunnies flee before me. I thought about taking off my coat and putting on my sunglasses.

*Sighhhhhhhhhhh* It's coming......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had my windows rolled down, too!! It was fantastic!!