Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chocolate, Chocolate Everywhere, and Not a Bite to Eat

I'm starting to notice chocolate a little bit more. This is Day 3, and I'm afraid I'm going to "forget" and eat chocolate.

Yesterday, when I walked into the library kitchen for lunch, I saw chocolate in every corner of the room. Cocoa-covered almonds. Truffles in the fridge I made last week. Generic-brand Oreos....Yes. Even those! Those lame "Chocolate wafers with creme" or whatever they're calling them now.

I couldn't escape.

Then, later on in the afternoon, one of our awesome patrons bought a candy bar for each of us librarians currently working behind the desk (We're selling them at the desk as a fundraiser for our teen group.). Isn't that so sweet? I picked out a dark chocolate bar (because it's healthy...good for your heart...antioxidants...) and sadly placed it on my desk. Not to be touched until next Monday.

Just knowing that you're not going to allow yourself something makes you crave it all the more. Maybe it's worse if that "something" is constantly on your mind...



Let's hope that this won't be me in a few days. I must be strong!

No comments: