Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snap, Crackle, Pop


I crack my knuckles. So what're you gonna do about it?

I can understand if you are sincerely bothered by it. To some people, I might as well be screeching my nails down a chalkboard or picking my nose. I understand irritation. I try and remember who NOT to do it around.

But those people so concerned about my getting arthritis... Concerned eyes. Halting, sympathetic advice. Honestly. I'm just cracking my knuckles, not running back and forth across a busy street for kicks. If I do that, feel free to admonish me. Google it; there's no proof of arthritis caused by cracking your knuckles.

What else am I supposed to do when I'm bored or nervous? I could be a kleptomaniac. I could be a compulsive cartwheeler.

Besides, I can stop anytime.

I just don't feel like stopping right now...

1 comment:

MD said...

:) I love this! I crack my knuckles & toes all the time, especially when I am bored or nervous. Sometimes it relieves the boredom by amusing me, other times it's just a way to express how bored I am.